First the Facts
· It appears the government shutdown will go intoaffect tonight at midnight barring a miracle in DC.
· The GOP House will not pass a budget that doesnot include some type of defunding or delay of Obamacare.
· On the other side of the aisle, the Democratswill not agree to any delay or defunding of Obamacare.
· The S&P 500 was already down 2% in the lastweek and a half as investors began to anticipate a potential governmentshutdown.
· The index is down another 0.8% this morning asthe realization of a shutdown is upon us.
· The 3% pullback from the all-time high set 12 daysago is a buying opportunity in our opinion.
· Does anyone truly believe the government willshutdown for a prolonged period of time? Politicians on both sides need to getreelected and no American wants to see our country shut down.
· The short-term situation will clearly weigh onstocks and once a budget is passed investors will go back to buying onfundamentals and the Fed and this equals higher prices.
· Therefore, use the weakness to buy into themarket.
· Think about the lower prices of stocks and ETFsas a Clearance Sale at your local retailer. It only lasts a few days and whynot stock up on toilet paper at a discount. You know you will eventually use it.The same goes with the stock market. You know you will be in the market for thelong-term, why not buy in now at a discount?
· We will be sending out a more detailed update onthe potential Government Shutdown and an updated ETF WatchList.
· Also expect an email with at least one new ETF recommendationfor the MarkETForce Portfolio this week.